• Visual Studio 2015 Professional

Here is what I have tried:

• Disable all third party extensions
    • Run in administrator mode
    • Update _references.js
    • reset .eslintrc
    • Repair the installation
    • Reinstall Visual Studio

None of these steps have changed the problem.

Please help!

Friday, March 09, 2018 12:43 AM

Answers

• Thanks Judy.

I did try both of those things as well, to no avail.

Oddly as I came in to work the following day I had no issues opening and editing javascript files.

I have no idea what changed. It wasn't a system restart because I did that at least 10 times the previous day.

Monday, March 12, 2018 4:31 PM

All replies

• All javascript files or just one?
    Sunday, March 11, 2018 2:46 PM
  • Thanks for Ken’s reply.

Hi AntslnMyEyesJohnson,

Do you get any error message when the Visual Studio freezes and crashes? If yes, please share it to us.

Does this issue appear in all JavaScript file? Please open with the other JavaScript file, check the result. We could really make sure that whether it is the VS IDE issue or the file itself.

In addition, please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

Please disable the option “Auto list members” under JavaScript editor (please click Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> JavaScript), then, test it again.

Please clear out the _references.js file, or, right click the _reference.js file and click “Update JavaScript References”, test it again.

Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31746495/visual-studio-2015-crashes-when-opening-javascript-files

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Thanks Judy.

I did try both of those things as well, to no avail.

Oddly as I came in to work the following day I had no issues opening and editing javascript files.

I have no idea what changed. It wasn't a system restart because I did that at least 10 times the previous day.

Monday, March 12, 2018 4:31 PM