none
may SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ?????!

Question

• WHY , out of the blue ... Did Visual Studio start giving me all these errors when i try to debug ?

'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Anonymous\source\repos\ConsoleApplication2\Debug\ConsoleApplication2.exe'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'ConsoleApplication2.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    The thread 0x1524 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 0x1490 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 0x1740 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[7016] ConsoleApplication2.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Uninstalling , and reinstalling did nothing. I did not change anything prior to this happening , i do not know how this happened as i did not mess with any settings inside of visual studio. why did visual studio Randomly start giving me these errors ? modifying the options under tools did nothing as well. Any ideas ?

Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:26 PM

All replies

• Those are not errors ("Symbols loaded" notification, return code = 0 : it is ok)
    • Edited by Castorix31 Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:40 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:40 PM
  • Well I don't think so they are errors. If they are errors then there is nothing to do with visual studio installation and uninstallation,  these errors are may from your console application code. Maybe you have missed some dependencies. 
    • Proposed as answer by Ahmad_Umair Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:59 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 1:56 PM
  • yeah , i have been up for over 24 hours straight , that is what i meant. and i can NOT even debug anything since this started happening. and i should not have to go into the tools and modify settings to fix this ? is there anyone who is more knowledgeable that can help me fix this ? i do not want to uninstall all VS products and microsoft framework just to get a fix for something i know not how to fix.. which that might not even fix it..........

and you should of seen the logs Before i went into the tools and checkmarked the box to load the symbols from microsoft servers..... why is it doing this ?

Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:07 PM
  • was nothing but " Cannot find or open the PDB file. " but even after going into tools>options>debugger>symbols and checking the box , the debugger worked once , than never worked again. i keep seeing this orange toolbar pop up on the bottom of the Visual studio form for split second after trying to debug , but than it goes back to blue. thew debugger does not work , WHY all the exit codes ? why is debugger not working ? can someone more knowledgeable help me ? this happened out the blue...
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:13 PM
  • i did not uninstall any microsoft framework or anything , i just DONT see how this happened out of the BLUE ? i did not mess with any settings prior to this happening , nor did i change or screw anything up in VS ?????? any ideas ??????
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:16 PM
  • i notice the path is in SysWOW64 , i did not change anything there , why is this happening ?
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:17 PM
  • before i went into tools and modified the options for debugger , it was showing " Cannot find or open the PDB file." instead of " Symbols loaded. " and i should NOT have to connect to the MICROSOFT SERVERS to load all the .dlls everytime i want to debug.... I am not PRO in visual studio , SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
    ?????? like i said , i did not do anything prior to this happening ???
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:19 PM
  • debugger pops up for quick second before closing...........
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:22 PM
  • feel like doing a fresh install of my OS and than just backing up all my data hoping that will do the trick , but than what if it doesn't ? Lol , i would be pretty pissed.. Like i said , this randomly started happening. an uninstall and re-install did nothing/.///
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:23 PM
  • As it has been said : EVERYTHING is NORMAL

Those messages ARE NOT ERRORS

Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:25 PM
  • Do you read and understand the  answers ?

Those messages are ***NORMAL***

Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:30 PM
  • yeah , BUT that does NOT EXPLAIN WHY this happened in the FIRST PLACE ????? just randomly happened , you should NOT have to go into the settings and modify the symbols to get it to work...... everything was working fine before that. debugging , compiling.... visual studio never showed that in the log when debugging before , VS also never randomly started showing " Cannot find or open the PDB file.  " hence i had to go into tools and options to check the " load symbols box " to load .dlls when you DEBUG. you SHOULD NOT have to do that in the first place. i will completey delete os and reinstall. it is no issue . i have the time and many other computers to use while this one gets re-installed.  STILL the messages and NOTHING compiles, why even have to modify settings to LOAD the .dll from miscrosoft servers when it was doing everything FINE prior to that. i will just reinstall OS TY

Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:32 PM
  • PS - even with all those messages , the DEBUGGER still closes instantly right after trying to debug. it is fine , obviously this is not the place for help. i will fin my own alternative to fixing this.
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:49 PM
  • PS - i never SAID those symbol messages had to do with uninstalling or installing. i am pretty sure , pretty dam positive , i i did a fresh wipe , ( as if i just bought this pc ) a brand new installion of VS will give me no issues. i just tried to uninstall and re-install Visual Studio itself to see if that would do anything. ( obviously it didnt) as idk what is causing , a fresh install should do the trick.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:51 PM
  • Let me guess, your code is something along the lines of:

#include <iostream>

int wmain()
    {
    	std::cout << "Hello World!\n";
    	return 0;
    }

Here is the thing, if the window just appears for a split second and the vanishes, that is totally normal. You did not tell the program to keep running, so it exits. This is doing exactly what you told it to.

The exit code is basically what you return from main, so for example, if you change the return 0 to return 1:

#include <iostream>

int wmain()
    {
    	std::cout << "Hello World!\n";
    	return 1;
    }

then the output will be:

'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Darran\source\repos\meh\Debug\meh.exe'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    'meh.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Symbols loaded.
    The thread 0x46c8 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x41bc has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x2724 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The program '[18880] meh.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

so the exit codes are normal. The debugging symbols being loaded are related to:

so if this is checked to use the symbol server, or if it is unchecked but you have a path, or previously used the symbol server and Windows hasn't updated, then it will most likely find those symbols.

The path for the loaded libraries is given as SysWow64 when you are on a 64 bit version of Windows and you build a 32 bit version of the application:

If you switch this to x64 then it will go to System32.

So everything you have said so far indicates that Visual Studio is running normally.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Since this is a long post, let's split it into two.

Now if your problem is that the console window just doesn't show, try the easiest thing first, place a breakpoint on the return statement:

You can do this by left clicking in the grey bar on the left hand side. Once you have done this and run the application using f5 or pressing the play button. If the breakpoint gets hit then a yellow arrow will be in it:

the console window will also be visible still. If this is the symptoms that you are seeing, then it is simply the fact that you haven't stopped your application from exiting that is your current issue.

If it isn't, then give a full description of your problem, with your source code.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 3:43 PM
  •  obviously this is not the place for help.

Go to a big mirror, and ask then. 

"Am I a nice looking girl or not?"

Nobody can help you with that if he does not have an photograph of you.

Showing a normal exit threat does not help you if you don't describe very well what you want to do and what goes wrong. And then not in the way "It does not what I want". 

Success
    Cor

Saturday, June 9, 2018 4:30 PM
  • Wrong , #1 my code is not along those lines , #2 EVEN if it was ,  i have been using the SAME code as i used before , and when DEBUGGING , copy and paste it back , and the debugger instantl;y closes when it did not before. DOESN'T matter anyways , I fixed it. and all of you were wrong ;) so much for intelligence here

shows consoleaplpication 2 because i uninstalled and deleted every VS file and re-installed it to find out that did nothing. lol , than tried fixing , W/E though , i fixed it. and all of you were wrong
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 4:54 PM
  • Well, it doesn't matter if I was wrong because it was a complete guess without any information. I was just running the odds because that is the most common error when the debugger starts and then exits.

Also, how were we supposed to know what your problem is since most of your posts were about the totally normal output of the debugger when you ran an application. You provided no useful information, so isn't it obvious that nobody could provide a useful answer since none of us are psychic?

Saturday, June 9, 2018 5:04 PM
  • it is okay , VS is GARBAGE anyways , ANJUTA is better

Sunday, June 10, 2018 6:11 AM
  • it is okay , VS is GARBAGE anyways , ANJUTA is better

Yea there is a chance that it is better for somebody who has not written one line of code. But Notepad is than good as well. 

Success
    Cor

Sunday, June 10, 2018 7:41 AM