none
Still cannot get IIS Express to install or Visual Studio 2017 free Express to allow me to view in browser RRS feed

• Question

• I have:

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    Build 17763.557

My computer is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Can you please tell me which IIS download I should install?

I have tried this one:
     https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48264
    and chose the :
    iisexpress_amd64_en-US.msi

download. It is ghosted in my control panel after I install it.

When I try turning features on/off, it always gives an error and states I need to restart without any changes being made.

I have downloaded the Visual Studio community 2019 preview. It gives an error if I try to view in browser or if I click the IIS button at top.

ERROR I Get:

"Unable to connect to the configured development web server
    Output from IIS Express:
    Unable to start iisexpress
    The request is not supported.

I saw this possible solution to try:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/306005/how-to-repair-iis-mapping-after-you-remove-and-reinstall-iis

To fix IIS mappings for ASP.NET, run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility:
      • Click Start, and then click
        Run.
      • In the Open text box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    1. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
      "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

"In this path, version represents the version number of the .NET Framework that you installed on your server. You must replace this placeholder with the actual version number when you type the command. "

but I don't know what to put in as my .Net framework. I have several installed (I have 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, & 4.7.2)

• Edited by RaekC Sunday, June 30, 2019 1:56 AM more info
    Sunday, June 30, 2019 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hi RaekC,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I have downloaded the Visual Studio community 2019 preview. It gives an error if I try to view in browser or if I click the IIS button at top.

Did you meet this issue for the specific ASP.Net application? If you try to create a new ASP.NET web application, does this issue occurs or not?

According to the error message, we can have a try with the following:

1. Close solution, delete .vs folder if this issue only happens in the specific solution
    2. Delete the folder IIS express folder: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\iisexpress
    3. Delete temporary ASP.NET Files located: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 1, 2019 8:28 AM