none
Unable to associate custom test with MTM test case RRS feed

• Question

• "I have created a VSIX based test adapter using visual studio test platform(vstest) API. It will read my custom test item(in xml) where my test information is there and it will enable the unit test explorer in visual studio to list my tests written in custom test file. (I referred the following blog to create the adapter

<unable to provide link here>

I am able to get my custom tests discovered under Unit Test Explorer. But I am not able to associate those tests with TFS/MTM manual test cases. When I right click the test case, the "Associate to Test Case" option is disabled.

Is it possible to get that option enabled to associate with a MTM test case ?"

Saturday, June 1, 2019 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Shehebaz,

Sorry for delay in reply.

As far as I know, the unit test in C++ is not able to use "Associate to Test Case". So please confirm the type of the project.

And according to your description, I could not reproduce this issue in my side, and I will appreciate that you could share a demo using one drive, then I will download and test in my side.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 3, 2019 10:48 AM