none
Renko Chart brick size and wicks

All replies

• Hi Claudio,

It seems that it was not the VS IDE issue, it was related to the Renko Chart, just to make this issue clearly, which kind of app did you use really develop, ASP.NET, Winforms or others?

The reason why I need to know the project type is that the previous forum for Chart Controls has been retired:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb6da2c5-bb8e-40cc-bfe4-68bd76e1d826/chart-controls-faq?forum=MSWinWebChart

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:53 AM
  • Hi Jack.

I used Windows Forms. I already found out how to set the brick size. In Visual Studio, it is called BoxSize and it is hidden in a section called CustomProperties inside the Series. I still couldn't find any way to show the wicks. I don't know if it is possible.

Best Regards,

Claudio

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:43 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

I help you move this case to the Windows Forms General forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 3:06 AM
  • Hi Claudio,

Are you using the VS built-in Chart control? Or 3rd control?

If it is the first, you can set the size with BoxSize:

But I don't understand what do you mean about "wicks", what is it?

I'm afraid you need to provide more details for this purpose.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 12, 2018 9:13 AM
  • Hello Frankie.

Wick is another name for shadow. Is is a tail that a candle has that shows the variation of price. In a timeChart, it shows High and Low. In the Renko Chart, it shows when the price goes on the opposite direction of the current candle but not enough to open a new candle. In time charts, wicks are always present. In Renko Chart, wicks are not always present. Some platforms alows it, others do not.

Regards,

Claudio

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:58 PM
  • Hi Claudio,

Did you use the Chart control in Winform? Or maybe it is a 3rd control.

I can not find a type named time of the Chart, could you please provide more details about "timeChart"? I guess you used 3rd control in your project, right?

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:06 AM