none
New Screens Not Available for Navigation RRS feed

• Question

• I've just run into a problem where I created a couple of new screens and wanted to add them into the navigation menu structure.

However,  in the Navigation Menu structure display, the 'include screen' doesn't list the new screen names.  

I've exited Visual Studio and restarted to ensure memory was fresh, but this did not help.

One thing that occured on this project before adding the new screens is that I was in Customize Screen mode,  make changes,  clicked save - but the save never completed and after 10 minutes I stopped the app within VS.   I'm wondering if that might have caused some corruption.  That's why I restarted VS.   But, that didn't help.

Could this be a limitation on number of screens?   I only have 11 screens.   I tried deleting some test screens that hasn't help.   Product Bug?

Anyone else encounter a problem like this?

Tony

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Tony,

Are the screens by any chance Details screens? Details screens can only be launched from other screens and do no appear in the navigation menu.

Hope this helps,

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the V-Bee
    • Marked as answer by Tony Long Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Tony

So far I have not read over sized limit on the number of screens in Lightswitch.

What kind of screens has created?

Jaime

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Hi Tony,

Are the screens by any chance Details screens? Details screens can only be launched from other screens and do no appear in the navigation menu.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Tony Long Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:49 PM
  • I created a screen 'NewPerson' for contact names and it was a Detail Screen.  I think I did the same for NewIndustry and that is on the menu list, however, I don't recall what screen template was selected.

Post screen creation,  how do you read the type of screen tempalte that was used?  

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:59 PM
  • Okay - I recreated as New Data screen.  That's was I needed.   Operator Error.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:02 PM
  • I'm not aware of any way to read what template was used. Basically if it doesn't show up in the navigation menu, it's a Details screen. All other types should show up automatically.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:05 PM