none
I am getting this message since two days----"Microsoft Visual Studio is busy' message" RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to run my SSIS package on VISUAL STUDIO, as it's getting hanged every now and then.

I have reinstalled the SSDT and also stop/start the process needed,nothing's working.

I am still getting the same error again and again.

Please suggest What should I do?

Friday, September 27, 2019 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Priya,

What your version of your VS? Did you do any changes before this issue happened? How did you install SSIS? For installation, please refer to Microsoft official documents:

> >https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssdt/download-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt?view=sql-server-2017#changes-in-ssdt-for-visual-studio-2019

As far as l know, when using SSIS in VS2017 and VS2019, the installation steps are different. 

> > If you have VS2019, you should install the SSIS extension. To use it, do not forget to install the extension "Microsoft RDLC Report Designer".

> >If you have vs2017, you should install the SSDT Package.Also, try to install the extension "Microsoft RDLC Report Designer" l mentioned before. 

If you want to use SSIS packages that contain Teradata Source/Destination by Attunity, you should install SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 (15.8.0) or the previous versions.

According to the error, you can try these steps:

1. delete all files in this path:

• C:\Users\xxx(your account name)\AppData\Local\Temp
    • C:\Users\xxx(your account name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\xxx(the version of your VS)

2. delete the .vs folder under the physical path of your solution

3. uncheck menu Debug -> Options -> Enable UI debugging for XAML

3. Open the dtsx file, search all the timeouts and change them to something like 10 seconds, for some reason some of them where 0, which basically means: 'hang forever'.

4. try to update your VS to the latest version.

You can also refer to this document:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/9b3a0f26-1e00-46a5-8c75-f818bdf2907f/microsoft-visual-studio-is-busy?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Sunday, September 29, 2019 3:52 AM
  • Hi Priya,

What about this issue in your side? Do you mean that it worked well before?

Whether it has the performance issue if you use other tool? Please close other third party tools in your side, or open your VS in safe mode, check it again.

If you get any latest information, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:28 AM