none
Connecting to Azure Devops from Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2015 professional licensed version in my laptop. I Would like to connect to Azure Devops Repos and check out the source code , do the development and check in back. I have added my email address used in Visual STudio 2015 on to AZure devops project users. But i keep getting the error message " you do not have permission to access" Any help on this would be appreciated. Is it something because I do not have VIsual STudio subscription license? Also what is the difference between visual studio package license Vs subscription license? can't i access source code repositories if i use only the package license? please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Raja

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Rahagobalan,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, what does visual studio package license mean? And you could refer details about visual studio professional subcription.

For this error, Is your account a member of azure devops organization? we suggest you could have a try the following steps to check it:

• Please open organization settings -> click Users, then confirm if your account is in the organization
    • Please close all visual studio instances, and go to "C:\Users\dylanz\AppData\Local\.IdentityService", then clear the full folder. ps: The folder is used to save local user account data.

Any feedback will be expected.

Cheers,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 21, 2019 10:01 AM