none
Use of kanban RRS feed

• Question

• Can you point me to instructions for how to enable kanban in Team Foundation Server 2017? I am wondering...Thank you.

Monday, April 15, 2019 11:50 AM

All replies

• There is no way to enable Kanban board in TFS . You need to move to Azure Devops where you have Azure boards which has the capability to enable sprint/kanban board where you can maintain back log items and also have a overall view of the tasks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. profile for Sajeetharan at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

https://sajeetharan.com/

Monday, April 15, 2019 11:59 AM
  • Hi BLew21,

Welcome to the MSDN forum

I checked this Kanban(boards) in my TFS 2017. It shows in backlogs in TFS, please see the screenshot I uploaded.

With boards, you can quickly update status and fields displayed for each work item. You access your backlogs and boards from a web portal. When you work from the Stories (Agile) or Backlog items (Scrum) pages, you have access to the product backlog and Kanban board. More info please have a look: Tasks supported by Backlogs, Boards, Taskboards, and Delivery plans in TFS 2017.

If there are any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know J

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi friend,

Is there any update for your issue? Or any confusion still not dismissing?

If you solved this issue, please mark the helpful reply as answer, then I will help you close this thread. Thank you for your cooperation!

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:53 AM