none
Performance issue with the Blur effects. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have many(dozens) of elements with blur effects. The problem is it's working slow.

Then I tried such settings:

<BlurEffect x:Key="Effect"
                    KernelType="Box"
                    RenderingBias="Performance"
                    Radius="1.5"/>

It became better but still not good enough. What can you advice to solve this issue? I can try to write custom blur effect but it would be the last resort.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Booster1,

You use the BlurEffect to set Blur effects for your elements, this is a more appropriate way. But, you have many (dozens) of elements with blur effects, It will work slowly.

So, maybe you can try the following suggestions.

1: This can probably be eliminated entirely as a performance issue by setting the CacheMode property.

UIElement.CacheMode Property:

Set the CacheMode property when you need to increase performance for content that is time consuming to render.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.uielement.cachemode.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

2: High-performance discrete graphics

Due to having a huge number of BlurEffects. These translate to shaders that are executed on the graphics card - so, you can get a fairly decent graphics card to get good perf.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:01 AM