none
microsoft visual c++ runtime library error system32.rundll32.exe

Question

• I've tried serching for this specific issue to no avail.  This message seems to pop up frequently and I'm not tech savy enough to know what it's in regards to.  The message is "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library    Runtime Error  -Program C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe."  Sometimes when I hit ok it disappears. but other times, it just keeps coming back.  Do I need to reinstall something or remove something?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert

Saturday, February 11, 2012 4:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm sure your issue is not a programming issue and therefore offtopic.

The error you are describing is not an error in rundll32.exe. I'm pretty sure this error is in the DLL that is called with rundll32. You should check or try to check what DLL will be called. I would also recommend scanning your PC for trojans, malware, virus, since often DLLs were used to place some code in the system.

You could also think about the last software you installed and uninstall it or use the latest recovery point you are sure this problem did not exist.

• Proposed as answer by Helen Zhao Monday, February 20, 2012 1:18 AM
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:38 PM
    • Edited by BhashTech Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:06 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Helen Zhao Monday, February 13, 2012 3:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Helen Zhao Monday, February 20, 2012 1:18 AM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Well then, how am I supposed to know what DLL will be called with rundll32? Where do I find this information?
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Well then, how am I supposed to know what DLL will be called with rundll32? Where do I find this information?

You are not. These people are not interested in the fact that Microsoft want to cripple customers by distributing half-baked code to give you a headache and a time-suck.

I say that as the problem is also glued into Windows 10 also.

I just upgraded to the Official preview, from Windows 7 Ultimate for a dynabook i7 laptop; and the same old shyitt exits glued into the sys files..

If only they could code properly.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:30 AM