none
incompatible PDB format in 'filename'; delete and rebuild

Question

• Hi !

I have installed VS 2012 , but i have VS 2010 also. After I open  VS 2010 projects with VS 2012 and  click "update", but while i debug it ,there is a error message:

LINK : fatal error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\Users\Admir\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nr.fjaleve.while\Debug\nr.fjaleve.while.pdb'; delete and rebuild.

What can I do to solve this?

verify

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi verify,

It seems that it is not the VS debug issue.

LINK : fatal error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\Users\Admir\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nr.fjaleve.while\Debug\nr.fjaleve.while.pdb'; delete and rebuild.

Please Clean and Rebuild your app under “Build” menu, check it again. If still no help, maybe you could delete it manually, and then rebuild it again. Hope it could help.

Reference:

Linker Tools Error LNK1207

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by admiri92 Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:57 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi verify,

Please Clean and Rebuild your app under “Build” menu, check it again. If still no help, maybe you could delete it manually, and then rebuild it again. Hope it could help.

Reference:

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by admiri92 Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:57 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi verify,

Reference:

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Thank you Jack!

I cleaned my app, ang rebuild it again, and it works.

verify

Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:59 AM
  • I just changed from vc++2010 to vc++2013.It was showing the same problem.

But now it's  working.Thanks a lot for the solution.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:01 PM