none
HtmlFromXamlConverter - conversion of Japanese/Chinese characters incorrectly

Question

• Hi,

I'm using the HtmlFromXamlConverter  that comes with windows SDK samples, to convert RTF to HTML,

This works fine for the english charachter set, but with Japanese/Chinese charachters set, the conversion fails and the html text

not readable any more..

Is this a known issue? is there a fix/workaround for this?

Regards,

Fred

Monday, May 28, 2012 10:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Fred Heida,

I test that SDK sample on two machines(Windows7, VS2010, .net framework 4.0), both are works well with Japanese/Chinese,

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wpfsdk/archive/2006/05/25/606317.aspx

Additional, if you could try to other samples about xaml and html conversion:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/wpf/thread/0D3FFE66-02BD-442A-B3DA-7948AA5F4564

Best regards,

Sheldon _Xiao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:48 AM
  • HI Sheldon,

thx! sorry for my late reply... my familiy including me was was sick with a tummy bug.. :-(

i found the problem.. my fault.. becuase i have rtf text, i use a flow document to load this, then save as xaml and then call

the HtmlFromXamlConverter...if works fine.thx! Regards, Fred

but i used the Encoding.ASCII to save and write to the FlowDocument to get from RTF to Xaml.. using the UTF8 encoding

it works fine.

Regards,

Fred

Saturday, June 02, 2012 3:20 AM
  • Hi Fred Heida,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, I am marking your issue as "Answered".

best regards,

Sheldon _Xiao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, June 04, 2012 2:10 AM