none
WPF application working on Windows 7, but not working on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Issue 1:

When the WPF application runs on Windows 10, "Recursive call to Automation Peer API is not valid" error is generated from PresentationFoundation.dll or PresentationCode.dll. This happens when setting the SelectedValue or SelectedIndex of ComboBox from code behind.

As mentioned in some of the forums, tried to override the AutomationPeer OnCreateAutomationPeer(). That also did not work.

Issue 2:

Clicking on hyperlink column in Extended Data Grid, does not work in Windows 10. But double click some times work.

Both of the above were working when running from Windows 7 machine. But they fail as above on Windows 10 machines.

Please suggest a solution.

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to ask the same error on other versions of win10 system? What is the version of your windows 10 system? What is your version of .Net Framework?see the following link:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1035800/WPF-Versions-History-and-Major-Enhancements

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response.
    I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on the machine. Application target .Net Framework is 4.5.1.

I had uninstalled the Windows 10 patch. And used WPFToolkit version 3.5.50211.1 instead of the earlier 3.5.40128.1. But the issue persists.

Following are the dll versions the application uses:
    WPFToolkit.dll 3.5.50211.1
    ExtendedGrid.dll 2.0.0.15
    Exceed.WPF.Toolkit 1.9.0.0
    PresentationCore.dll 4.0.0.0
    PresentationFramework.dll 3.0.0.0

Application uses ExtnendedGrid to display a list of items. Clicking the hyperlink in the grid will bring up another screen with related data. This was working fine in Win 7. But on Win 10 the error occurs. One thing noticed is that, there is a Button control and Text Box outside the grid. This is used for a search for matching records based on the input in the Text Box, and to populate the grid. If this button is clicked, then the hyperlink in the grid works without any issues. I checked the code, but there is nothing different between both the calls. It's quite a puzzle. Please advice of any trouble shooting steps.
    Thanks Cheriyan Kurian, Toronto, Canada

Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

I checked some information, you can try to change the WPFToolkit version from v3.5.50211.1 to a lower version, such as v3.5.40619.1

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 17, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I tried with both v3.5.50211.1 and v3.5.40619.1. But the issue is not resolved.

By the way, I am not using/referencing WPFToolkit.dll in the window where I use the ExtnendedGrid to display list of items. Is there a higher version of ExtendedGrid.dll 2.0.0.15? If so, from where I can download it.

Thanks

Cheriyan

Friday, May 17, 2019 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

I have no better advice,but you can see the following link:

https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=wpfextendeddatagrid

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:04 AM