none
How can I install platform toolset v110 in Visual Studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My old PJT environment is VS 2012, and now I updata Visual Studio version to 2019.

When I start complier, complier has the point show toolset version problem.

How can I install platform toolset v110 in VS2019?

Sunday, September 8, 2019 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi JF_Zhai,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, what is your problem when you build your project?

l think there is a build toolset error in your project. So please try to do this in VS2019:

Right-click on your project--> Properties -->Configuration Properties-->General -->Platform Toolset-->choose the v110 toolset

##Since you have install VS2019 and do not uninstall VS2012 and you have the environment of VS2012, VS2019 can automatically detect V110 toolset and then you can find it. 

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 9, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Hi JF_Zhai,

Did you have any dates? If your issue still persists, please feel free to let us know.

We are willing to help you further.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Hi friend,

Any update for this issue?

Please see this similar issue, unfortunately we can't install v110 Toolset separately. To use that toolset in new versions of VS like VS2019, you need to make sure the VS2012 is installed with C++ workload like Perry suggests. Sorry for this inconvenience.

And have you considered upgrading your project to VS2019(migrate?), after that you can use toolset from VS2019 to compile your C++ code.

Hope it may resolve your puzzle.

Sincerely

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:11 AM
  • How do I download platform toolset Visual Studio 2010 (v100)
    • Edited by EtanLei Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:02 AM
  • Hi EtanLei,

As far as l know, the build tool has comprehensive compilation tools including compilation of c++ projects since vs2017. However, build tool 2013 and build tool 2015 have no compilation capability for c++ projects, so you need to install the corresponding version of vs and remember to select c++workload.

> >Previous versions of vs2013 did not have a separate build tool.

So if you want to use v100, you can only install vs2010 with the c++ workload.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:01 AM