APIs to connect Excel to TFS RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to establish a connection between Excel and TFS programmatically for one of the tools we are developing. I know how to go about this manually, using the Team menu in Excel (TFS Excel workflow). But I am not able to find much help around APIs for doing this through code. I saw a couple of msdn discussions mentioning that there was no support for TFS / Office integration but these discussions date back to 2008 or earlier.

Has there been any support added for TFS and Office Integration in the recent releases? Would appreciate any pointers to documentation / samples around the same.

Thank you very much,

Maya

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:34 AM Excel-specific (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Friday, December 7, 2012 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

While you connect to TFS in Excel, you use an Excel addin. Similarly, if you want to write your own addin, you can go with TFS SDK as always. Below is a code sample.  FYI.

More samples of TFS SDK can be download here, these are official samples.  You can integrate these solutions into your addins.

Enjoy the SDK.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

• Edited by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:44 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Forrest Guo Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Maya,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll involve some experts who are more familiar with your issue. This may take some time.

Thank you for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

While you connect to TFS in Excel, you use an Excel addin. Similarly, if you want to write your own addin, you can go with TFS SDK as always. Below is a code sample.  FYI.

More samples of TFS SDK can be download here, these are official samples.  You can integrate these solutions into your addins.

Enjoy the SDK.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

• Edited by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:44 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Forrest Guo Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:42 PM