none
How can I create a database project in VS 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In VS 2010 I had a possibility to create a Database Project and i could create a stored procedures in VS and publish it on several servers in accordance to several connections.

In VS 2017 Community i have not found this art of project.

Should I install any VS-Modules? Or How can I achive this goal?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please start the Visual Studio 2017 Installer from your Start Menu, click the modify button to get a list of workloads. Check the box next to the Data storage and processing workload box. Once the installation completes, open visual studio 2017.

In visual studio 2017, from the File menu, click New, then click Project. Click the SQL Server template on the left, and you should be able to create a Database Project. Add a stored procedure item to your database project by right-clicking the project and selecting Add, New Item.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:10 AM