none
Problems Installing vs2013.3_dskexp_ENU.iso RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded "vs2013.3_dskexp_ENU.iso" and then "clicked" on the file name to start the installation process. A message came up say to "Burn a DVD". I put a DVD in the burner, but then a message appeared saying the file (vs2013.3_dskexp_ENU.iso) is too large for the disc. The file is >5GB, so it appears to me that it is indeed too large for a 4.7 GB DVD.

What do I do?

Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:24 PM

Answers

• That's amusing.

I don't think anyone really uses DVD's anymore in preference to USB keys. I would save the ISO to a file on your drive and then use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create a bootable USB key, and use that as your boot device.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Hi NormGIII,

According to the file extension name .iso, we know that you have downloaded the ISO image of VS.

Once the file has been downloaded, all you need to do is either:

• Burn the image file using something like Nero, burning it to DVD/CD
    • Use a 3rd party tool to extract the contents of the image (like ISOBuster) and run the installation from the computer
    • Use a 3rd party Virual CD mounting tool, like MSVCD for example, to mount the image to that virtual CD drive, so you can run the installation/files as if you were running it from an actual CD/DVD.

Any one of these 3 methods can be used to (eventually) run the installation of the product.

You can read this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60f71a54-506e-4c70-be98-e993ce6d1ddf/visual-studio-installation-tips?forum=vssetup

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 8, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Burning the image to DVD is not necessary, instead, mount it to local drive is the way. Recommend Daemon Tools Lite: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

Remember to mark reply as answer if it answers the question.
    Apps Request

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:48 PM

All replies

• That's amusing.

I don't think anyone really uses DVD's anymore in preference to USB keys. I would save the ISO to a file on your drive and then use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create a bootable USB key, and use that as your boot device.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Hi NormGIII,

According to the file extension name .iso, we know that you have downloaded the ISO image of VS.

Once the file has been downloaded, all you need to do is either:

• Burn the image file using something like Nero, burning it to DVD/CD
    • Use a 3rd party tool to extract the contents of the image (like ISOBuster) and run the installation from the computer
    • Use a 3rd party Virual CD mounting tool, like MSVCD for example, to mount the image to that virtual CD drive, so you can run the installation/files as if you were running it from an actual CD/DVD.

Any one of these 3 methods can be used to (eventually) run the installation of the product.

You can read this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60f71a54-506e-4c70-be98-e993ce6d1ddf/visual-studio-installation-tips?forum=vssetup

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 8, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Burning the image to DVD is not necessary, instead, mount it to local drive is the way. Recommend Daemon Tools Lite: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

Remember to mark reply as answer if it answers the question.
    Apps Request

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:48 PM