none
Another day of amazingly poor MS forums

Question

• 502 errors.  This is the only forum I can post to.

WPF - gone.  MS DO YOU GIVE A CRAP?????

Why is it only none MS people who respond to forum problems?  

MS put in the effort to fix these forums or just get rid of them so we can find a better way to communicate and get answers to problems.

Lloyd Sheen

Monday, January 29, 2018 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi

Agree. I am getting constant 502's too. Been rubbish for last several days with only the odd one log in successful.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Monday, January 29, 2018 2:52 PM
  • Any time I get these errors in Chrome I use incognito mode. It's not just the forums, there are Microsoft documentation pages getting similar errors.

Personally I'm getting use to this behavior yet that is not good at the same time.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:01 PM
  • Lloyd/Karen/Les,

Those 502 errors I don't have, but the performance is slower than some years ago (but not as slow as past week).

My way:

1. I'm situated in Western Europe but that is Les as well
    2. I use mostly the Yandex browser
    3. I always log on and logoff (and have then currently to do with that awful logon system they created past week)
    4. W10

Success Cor

Monday, January 29, 2018 4:30 PM
  • Cor,

I also login/logout and used both Windows 7 and Windows 10. Behavior is the same for both W7 and W10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, January 29, 2018 5:17 PM
  • Today not 502, but it is unbelievable slow

Success Cor

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:55 AM
  • For the record, this is what I get when in Chrome

Under the covers in developer tools in Chrome we get a very strange image.

VB Forums - moderator

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:26 AM
  • Hi

Well, today seems to have produced my worst access to the forum. It took 20 minutes to get in to post this. (and a good few seconds delay between clicking Reply until the input box appeared).

I did not get any 502's for this, just very very long 'waiting for social.msdn.microsoft.com'

What on earth are the Forum support up to? Like a bunch of amateurs. This has been going on for weeks off and on.

I wonder if this message will post correctly, or get lost in the ether (as has happened before)

and while I'm in a complaining mood - WHY do we not get to enter blank lines in our posts? So stupid for a text input.

EDIT: took 40 seconds to return to mainpost listing from this thread.

• Edited by leshay Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:28 PM
  • This looks like content distribution network problem. That is used to accelerate serving web apps but too much woodoo in there -  when it breaks, you get neither acceleration neither things basically working. Some other forum I'm in experienced similar problem recently. Very hard to fix because the CDN stuff belongs to 3rd party providers.

and while I'm in a complaining mood - WHY do we not get to enter blank lines in our posts? So stupid for a text input.

This is another, likely unrelated issue with the editor widget. It comes back from time to time. When it bugs me I edit in HTML mode and manually insert <p> and <br>

Regards,

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Testing on entering blanks lines

Paragraph 2

Paragraph 3

The end.

VB Forums - moderator

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:47 PM
  • My ultimate question is why no responses from MS?  Obviously since we use VB and WPF (I do) that is not what they deem worthy of support.  

Hey MS people respond!!!

Lloyd Sheen

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:59 PM
  • Pavel,

We are not waiting on a reply from an end user. Probably all who are signaling know what the problem can be. 

However, it is probably the haughty 1985 attitude of never giving any information. And most of us are dedicated Microsoft users, what will it give for idea for those who aint.

Success Cor

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:59 PM
  • Testing on entering blanks lines

Paragraph 2

Paragraph 3

The end.

VB Forums - moderator

Hi

No blank lines - I assume you posted some.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:15 PM
  • Hi

Now,as well as a looooong wait, I am now getting 'service is down. Please link directly to threads and come back later.' messages.

MS support: be brave, come onto the forum and discuss what is/has been happening to the forum recently.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:18 PM
  • Now pretty much everything is screwed up and still no MS response.  I guess they are out at an Android conference trying to learn how to support their clients.

Lloyd Sheen

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:41 PM
  • Ok now again I have to re-sign-in to get access to the Alert function.

Just pathetic MS

Lloyd Sheen

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:45 PM
  •  And yet another day of poor forum functionality.  Several long waits for refreshing the main page,  or you just get a 502.  Once and a while it actually works though.  8)

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:14 PM
  • Hi

Worst day for me here with the forum.

502's by the dozen, interspersed with 'service is down. Please link directly to threads and come back later.' messages (which are lying anyway)

I had the nerve to try and post a reply containing 3 or 4 lines of text, 2 small images, a short bit of code - it took many attempts until it actually got through - losing the contents several times between tries. Took about 20 minutes to make 1 post !!!!!!!!! (apologies Mon

I have my doubts that this post will go first time so I am going to copy the text ready for multiple tries.

I hate to say it, but I think the operators involved with the forum are a bunch of monkeys. (apologies MonkeyBoy)

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 3:03 PM
  • About one hour ago, I wrote a lengthy reply to a post, pressed submit and poof it was gone. I have heard rumors that work for underlying security measures yet with proper testing there would be no issues like those that we are seeing in recent times.

Also note this from the developer console of Chrome

The SSL certificate used to load resources from https://i-msdn.sec.s-msft.com will be distrusted in M70. Once distrusted, users will be prevented from loading these resources. See https://g.co/chrome/symantecpkicerts for more information.

VB Forums - moderator

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 3:50 PM
  • About one hour ago, I wrote a lengthy reply to a post, pressed submit and poof it was gone. I have heard rumors that work for underlying security measures yet with proper testing there would be no issues like those that we are seeing in recent times.

VB Forums - moderator

Hi

So, those monkeys may be experimenting on a live forum! I bet they didn't even make a backup :)  Goodbye Forum.

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 3:54 PM
  • And the forum is again not updating. 

Looks if an old not working version is restored.

Success Cor

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:54 PM
  • Tried it in Yandex and Edge, this is IE11

Success Cor

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:08 PM
  • And this is Chrome

Success Cor

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:10 PM
  • So only Chrome of Google works and both Microsoft browsers fail when I give a reply

I did not try safari, but I assume that will go as well

:-)

Success Cor

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:12 PM
  • Hi

Well, another day with issues.I have had 502 502's!

There is something strange in that the problems are only prevalent during the afternoons here (UK time), and some time after about 17:00mhrs, then no problems are present. Can't be sure of time when there is no issues to when there are problems, but it *seems* the issues start at or before 11:00 hrs here.

Thursday, February 08, 2018 7:51 PM
  •  I was having really slow page refresh times this morning with several "connect directly to the threads and try again later" messages.  It seemed to get better around 11 or 12 this afternoon (US Time).

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Edited by IronRazerz Thursday, February 08, 2018 8:25 PM
    Thursday, February 08, 2018 8:23 PM