none
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I can link below from my local  system and  receive proper respond. 
    https://rp.company.com/Autodiscover/AutodiscoverService.svc/root?originalDomain=company.com

But  when i  try to  access the link  below then i  get "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials."
    https://rp.company.com/Autodiscover/AutodiscoverService.svc/root/oauth/user?originalDomain=company.com
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:05 PM

Answers

• But  when i  try to  access the link  below then i  get "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials."

According to the error message above, it's recommended to check your authentication procedure first.

To enable authentication 

1.In Solution Explorer, open the shortcut menu for the Properties node, and then choose Open.

2.In the Application Designer, choose the Access Control tab.

3.In the Select the type of authentication to use: list, choose either Use Windows authentication or Use Forms authentication.

4.If you chose Use Windows authentication, choose either the Allow only users specified in the Users screen of your application option button or the Allow any authenticated Windows user option button.

The application will now require users to provide credentials in order to access the application.

Forms authentication is managed by the application itself, and a user must supply a username and a password to access the application.

In Windows authentication, the credentials that were used to log on to the computer where the application is run are used to authenticate the application user, and no additional username or password is required.

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Angie Xu Friday, June 13, 2014 6:43 AM edit
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, June 20, 2014 1:44 AM
    Friday, June 13, 2014 6:41 AM