none
How to consume a Java HTTPS web service without using proxy in .NET RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I'm searching over internet since a week and I could not find much information about how to solve the following.

How to consume a Java HTTPS web service without using proxy in .NET. We also need to use Mutual Authentication, SSL, Client Certificates (Signing, Authentication and ServerSSL certificates - Digital Signatures, Encryption and decryption)? We need to write windows client application for this. Do you think I can use WCF client?

I'm trying to show POC in IIS and .NET to consume HTTPS Web Service without proxy and use client Certificates. Are there any pointers to this which explain the process to do this?

I'm using HTTPWebRequest and WebRequest classes to submit soap request and response. Created Mutual Authentication and SSL in IIS for a Web Service to prove out the concept. It is throwing out an error that

"HTTP Error 403.7 - Forbidden: SSL client certificate is required."

I'm thinking that problem is with "Client Certificates"; by the way, I'm using MakeCert.exe to create test certificates.

Next question is, how to send HTPPS post call over SSL Stream class in .NET (using TCPClient and Sockets)? Is it possible without writing lot of custom code?

Are there any third party tools available to do the above work?

Thanks

Y. Haranadha Babu
    • Edited by Haranadha Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:22 AM Adding little clarification
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:01 AM