none
Unable to load CLR in Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• "Unable to load the CLR. if a CLR version was specified for debugging, check that it was valid and installed on the machine. If the problem persists, please repair your Microsoft .NET Framework installation via 'Programs and Features' in Control Panel."

I'm getting this error when trying to debug my solution. I have tried everything I know to fix it. I repaired .NET frameworks, I uninstalled and re-installed all .NET frameworks and visual studio. I changed several options and I made sure my solution was using the right .NET framework. Any help would be appreciated. 

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess you choose a Target Framework which is not installed your computer.
    If it is [.NET Framework 4.7], please check if [4.7] (SDK or Targeting Pack, not RunTime) is installed via Program and Features (in Control Panel).

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you have hard-coded references to a specific CLR assemblies? if so, please see this similar thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/bae412a9-c3c4-41e2-8c51-648548026aef/unable-to-load-the-clr?forum=netfxsetup .

Based on your error message, it seems related to VS debugger issue. Since our forum mainly focus on VS IDE issue. I will help you move it to debugger forum for a better supporting.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi Friend,

So you use the VS2017, am I right? If so, which .NET Framework version did you use?

Do you create different projects which use different .NET Framework versions in the same solution?

If you get any latest information, feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:37 AM