none
My WCF Service Stopped Working after I installed Visual Studio 2012 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot 100% confirm the project stopped working after Visual Studio 2012 RC, but the last time I ran the project it worked but now I recieve the following message:

I tried the suggested fix in bold, but it not fix the problem:

If it helps here is app.config, (the database connections are not posted, but

<system.serviceModel>
        <bindings />
        <client />
        <services>
          <service name="EngineWars.ServerApps.ChessManagerService.EWChessManagerService">
            <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="EngineWars.ServerApps.ChessManagerService.Interfaces.IChessClient">
              <identity>
                <dns value="localhost" />
              </identity>
            </endpoint>
            <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" />
            <host>
              <baseAddresses>
                <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8000/Design_Time_Addresses/EngineWars.ServerApps.ChessManagerService/EWChessManagerService/" />
              </baseAddresses>
            </host>
          </service>
        </services>
        <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />
        <behaviors>
          <serviceBehaviors>
            <behavior>
              <!-- To avoid disclosing metadata information, 
              set the value below to false and remove the metadata endpoint above before deployment -->
              <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="True"/>
              <!-- To receive exception details in faults for debugging purposes, 
              set the value below to true.  Set to false before deployment 
              to avoid disclosing exception information -->
              <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="False" />
            </behavior>
          </serviceBehaviors>
        </behaviors>
      </system.serviceModel>

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
      HResult=-2147024809
      Message=This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. If your service is being hosted in IIS you can fix the problem by setting 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/multipleSiteBindingsEnabled' to true or specifying 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/baseAddressPrefixFilters'.
    Parameter name: item
      Source=System.ServiceModel
      ParamName=item
      StackTrace:
           at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item)
           at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.AddBaseAddress(Uri baseAddress)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.LoadConfigurationSectionHelper(Uri baseAddress)
           at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.LoadHostConfig(ServiceElement serviceElement, ServiceHostBase host, Action`1 addBaseAddress)
           at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.LoadServiceDescription(ServiceHostBase host, ServiceDescription description, ServiceElement serviceElement, Action`1 addBaseAddress, Boolean skipHost)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.LoadConfigurationSectionInternal(ConfigLoader configLoader, ServiceDescription description, ServiceElement serviceSection)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.ApplyConfiguration()
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost.ApplyConfiguration()
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeDescription(UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost.InitializeDescription(Type serviceType, UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)
           at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
           at EngineWars.ServerApps.ChessManagerService.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Projects\EngineWars\ServerApps\EngineWarsChessManagerService\Program.cs:line 24
      InnerException:

If uninstalled 2012 will fix it I will do that, I read a similiar post about 2012 RC caused something, has anyone else had similiar problems / know a fix?

Thank you,

Corby

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:02 AM

Answers

• Nevermind, it started working, apparently when I set the line in bold, it did work;

I didn't do anything different, I try it with that line in and it failed, but perhaps it was not "Rebuilt",

Sorry to waste a post, the suggested fix did fix it, it just took Visual Studio a few rebuilds to take affect, perhaps a caching issue?

Oh well, sorry to bother anyone;

I will post the Engine-Wars Chess Client Starter Kit once the Server Platform is finished if anyone wants to compete in a .Net chess engine tournaments.

Corby

• Marked as answer by Corby Nichols Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:15 AM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:15 AM

All replies

• Nevermind, it started working, apparently when I set the line in bold, it did work;

I didn't do anything different, I try it with that line in and it failed, but perhaps it was not "Rebuilt",

Sorry to waste a post, the suggested fix did fix it, it just took Visual Studio a few rebuilds to take affect, perhaps a caching issue?

Oh well, sorry to bother anyone;

I will post the Engine-Wars Chess Client Starter Kit once the Server Platform is finished if anyone wants to compete in a .Net chess engine tournaments.

Corby

• Marked as answer by Corby Nichols Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:15 AM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Glad to see so many guys figure out the problems by themselves. Wish everyone else is so lucky.
    Monday, June 18, 2012 4:50 AM