none
Timeout on dataadapter.Fill on strongly typed dataset

Question

• Hi friends,

Error message shown "timeout expired.the timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding "

on filling the strongly typed dataset(ie. dataadapter.Fill(dataset.tablename)).  plz help me

regards

Lince   

• Moved by SamAgain Monday, October 18, 2010 9:38 AM better fit (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Friday, October 15, 2010 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Lince,

Thanks for your thread!

It seems you get a timeout exception on the connection to the server. Is there a Connect Timeout property in your connection string? For example,
    YourConnection.ConnectionString = "Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=northwind;server=server;Connect Timeout=30";
    Please try to set a longer time to the property to solve the issue. Otherwise, please provide us more information to dig into the issue.

Thanks a lot!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:28 AM

All replies

• could u add some context to your question plz?

Kind of ADO.NET connection / database....

stack trace?

Friday, October 15, 2010 11:51 AM
  • Hello Lince,

Thanks for your thread!

It seems you get a timeout exception on the connection to the server. Is there a Connect Timeout property in your connection string? For example,
    YourConnection.ConnectionString = "Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=northwind;server=server;Connect Timeout=30";
    Please try to set a longer time to the property to solve the issue. Otherwise, please provide us more information to dig into the issue.

Thanks a lot!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:28 AM
  • I got the same problem. I included connection timeout property in web.config and set it to large number i.e. 500000 but still error is coming in couple of minutes. Is there any other way to handle timeout with the server?
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:59 PM