none
Can't reinstall Visual Studio. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to reinstall or uninstall visual studio and when there are about 10% of progress left it doesn't move forward. I can wait about an hour since that moment but nothing happening. I use Windows 10 and latest Visual Studio. I want to reinstall it because there was some error during creation of UWP and I've seen recommendations to reinstall IDE.
    • Edited by LD_918 Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Before you reinstall the visual studio, I recommend you try to repair VS through the following methods:

1. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, right-click the VS 2015 item and select Change-Repair.
    2. Download a healthy ISO file and verify the integrity of the ISO file. you can use the fciv.exe tool to check the SHA1 value of the ISO, the expected value comes from here, any discrepancy means the ISO is corrupted.

If it still not works, please use the command: executable file /uninstall /force to forcibly uninstall like this, then reinstall the VS with the above healthy ISO file.

Meanwhile, please make sure windows update is up-to-date, temporarily disable any anti-virus software, clean up the %temp% folder and run the VS installer as administrator before your next installation.

If you still meet the failed installation, I need your help to the installation log. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file tohttps://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:18 PM