none
Can't install .NET Framework 4 on Win 7 64-bit - (0x800B010B) "Generic trust failure" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the same problem as many. I get a "Generic trust failure" (800B010B) when trying to install .Net Framework 4, due to SetupUtility.exe .  The problem was first noticed when Windows update reported being unable to install KB982670).  It became a priority when I noticed Note that I am getting the same with Windows Live Essentials 2011 (KB2434419).  My setup is a Lenovo laptop using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Reading throughout the site and on other sites, I have tried:

- Disabled my firewall and anti-virus

- Cleaned my %temp% directory

- Downloaded the full install, made sure I had full control rights and made sure to "Run as Administrator"

- Turned Windows feature ".Net Framework 3.5.1" off and on

- Uninstalled Microsoft Communicator 2007. Made sure there were no Office 2007 or trial versions installed

- Ran Aaron Stebner's .NET Framework Cleanup Tool

- Extracted all the files of dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe, and confirmed that SetupUtility.exe (and all .msi) were digitally signed, that their certificates were still valid and even installed the certificate on my machine.  I even tried to manually install (using elevated command prompt) using "Setup.exe /x86 /x64"

- Checked my CAPI2 logs.   The issue ends up the same for both .Net Framework and  Live Essentials.  I get the following error logs:

• The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline (80092013)
    • A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority (800B010A)

I'm running out of ideas.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Patrick

Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers