"no resources found" when trying to publish to existing app service plan using Visual Studio 2019 (16.4.6) RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy to my App Service Plan using Visual Studio (2019 16.4.6)  via right-click -> Publish

I select "choose existing" - but get "no resources found" - there's definitely an existing app service plan however... it's just not showing?

Have signed out of VS and back in, restarted, all the usual 'quick fixes'

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi alex.james.brown,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. What’s your project type? Do you publish your app to Azure App Service Windows or Azure App Service Linux? Please check it in the Azure portal. Besides, please make sure that you have installed the appropriate workloads for your project and build your project successfully.

In addition, I don’t know what “quick fixes” you performed. I suggest you try to repair your VS2019 by running Visual Studio Installer -> More -> Repair.

Hope it helps and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:25 AM
  • It's an Azure App Service Linux plan (no apps in in yet, just the plan)
    Trying to publish this app as the first app in the pre-existing plan.

Project type is a netcoreapp3.1 web application

By quick fixes, I just meant signing out and in of VS, restarting VS, ensuring updated etc...

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.5px Consolas; background-color: #000000} </style>
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:05 AM
  • Hi friend,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for my delay reply.

Refer to your information, you want to publish your project to Azure App Service Linux plan, please make sure you select "App Service Linux" on Pick a publish target page. 

In addition, you could have a try with the following steps:

#1. Close all Visual Studio instances;

#2. Please delate %LocalAppData%\.IdentityService folder and restart VS2019.

#3. Before publishing, please build your project by using Build -> Build Solution

If above doesn't work, I suggest you update your VS2019 to the version 16.5.

Hope all above will help you.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:45 AM