none
How to get fully qualified using statements using the quick fix to add using?

Question

• Hi

I'm now working with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 after working with Visual Studio 2010.

Using statements are placed inside the namespace in my case. If I add a using statement (using the "quick fix") the using statement is not added fully qualified anymore. What can I do to get the behavior like in Visual Studio 2010? (So Add Using should not shorten the added namespace and should keep the empty line after the using statements.)

I would be willing to implement an own extension, but I don't know if it's possible to change the "quick fix" behavior from an extension. Is it maybe possible to get notified (with some Kind of Event, like it's possible for commands in Visual Studio) in an extension to adjust the using statements after the "quick fix"?

See the images for details. The only action done in the images is to add the 2 using statements for the 2 classes.

Before adding the using statements:

Before adding the using statements

After adding the using statements (Visual Studio 2015 Update 1):

After adding the using statements

What I would like to achieve (behavior of Visual Studio 2010):

Behavior I would like to achieve

I did already look for an extension that does what I want, but found none. I also know that Resharper has the feature I want, but I would like to not use Resharper.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Karsten

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 3:43 PM

Answers

All replies