none
How to force the UI update in WinForm interop? RRS feed

• Question

• I host a UIElement in ElementHost and find the UIElement will not be updated automatically. How can I force it to update?

This problem does not exist in Jan CTP.

Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2006 12:50 PM

Answers

• This does not repro for me using the Feb CTP bits.  This was a known issue a while ago.  Make sure you are using the correct version of the WindowsFormsIntegration dll.  In the Feb CTP we shipped two different versions of the dll in two different places.  The place where you normally get the dll from has outdated bits.  For this CTP only, you should take the dll from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Cider" directory.
    Thursday, March 2, 2006 4:27 PM

All replies

• I have to resize the window to make it updated :(
    Friday, February 24, 2006 12:55 PM
  •  

Ditto.....

Friday, February 24, 2006 5:39 PM
  • This does not repro for me using the Feb CTP bits.  This was a known issue a while ago.  Make sure you are using the correct version of the WindowsFormsIntegration dll.  In the Feb CTP we shipped two different versions of the dll in two different places.  The place where you normally get the dll from has outdated bits.  For this CTP only, you should take the dll from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Cider" directory.
    Thursday, March 2, 2006 4:27 PM
  • Yes, I use the one in the Cider directory.

I remember this problem once occured in March CTP(2005), but later disappeared in the next CTP after that.

Friday, March 3, 2006 5:33 AM