Warning:Low disk space for Azure Stack Infrastructure with ASDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi --

I have AzureStack SDK installed on a Dell R610 with 192GB of RAM and four 900GB disks.  All I have done so far is install the sdk and then installed Azure Kubernetes Service on top of it.  I also created and another resource group and a storage container for Blob storage, but then deleted these before uploading anything into them.  With only these things installed I am now getting a "Low disk space for Azure Stack Infrastructure" warning telling me that less than 2GB of space is left.  It mentiions AZS-ERCS01 as the component affected.

I'm still relatively new to Azure Stack and am not sure how to interpret this situation.  When I look at capacity from the dashboard, I see that only 12% of Hyper-converged storage capacity is used, so I am surmising that this has to do with the AZS-ERCS01 virtual machine that was set up during the install as part of the infrastructure.  But that doesn't seem right to me.  I didn't choose the configuration of these machines, but why would they configured to run out of room when only 12% of overall disk space is used and only 68% of memory.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks,

Mike

Sunday, May 10, 2020 3:16 AM

All replies

• the vm 'AZS-ERCS01' is used as the recovery console, and for administrator permissions. it should not need a ton of disk space. It should be fine to ignore this error for now. 

If you would like to increase the amount of disk space, you can go into the hyper-v console and grant that VM more disk space.

If you are concerned about the status of your ASDK installation, you can run test-azurestack on the ASDK by doing steps 1- 5 here.  

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:56 AM
  • Hi --

Thank you so much for the response.  I actually did run test-azurestack and all the tests passed with flying colors.  So I guess I don't have to worry about anything.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:24 PM