none
Localized Exception messages from the framework RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get rid of the stupid norwegian exeption messages from the framework? I don't remeber installing a norwegian version of the framework, but if this is the case, can I delete a localized satellite assembly and get en-US exception messages, or do I have to reinstall the whole framework?

Localization is usually a great thing, but when it comes to exeptions, it's just stupid. I don't understand norwegian exeption messages, and it is impossible to google those messages to find help on the exceptions.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:47 AM

All replies

• The exception messages are localized to the culture of the current thread. The default culture for any thread is the system culture.
    Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

I know how to change the default culture, I just want to know how to change the system messages in my culture.

With thanks

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:16 AM
  • I'm not sure that you can. More importantly, why would you want to?
    Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:04 PM
  • All I have to do is to change Application and current thread's default culture. But it's useful only for my local texts. I want to apply a resource to the system and then it will change the language and direction of system messages in my application.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:29 AM