VB5 Project to VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project written in Visual Basic 5.0. I need to convert it to Visual Basic .NET. I have Visual Basic 5.0 and Visual Studio 2003, but the project needs to be converted to Visual Basic 6.0 in order for Visual Studio 2003 to upgrade it. Would someone who has Visual Basic 6.0 please be so kind as to convert it for me? If you can, please email me at david_kaye (at) yahoo.com for me to email you the project. It zips up to 253 KB.

Thanks,

David

Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:48 PM

Answers

• David -

Have you tried converting it directly to Visual Basic .NET? Although the docs state that you should convert it to VB 6 first, there were actually no differences in file formats between VB 5 and VB 6, and I'm pretty sure the Upgrade wizard will allow you to open a VB 5 project.

- the V-Bee
    Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:51 PM

All replies

• David -

Have you tried converting it directly to Visual Basic .NET? Although the docs state that you should convert it to VB 6 first, there were actually no differences in file formats between VB 5 and VB 6, and I'm pretty sure the Upgrade wizard will allow you to open a VB 5 project.

- the V-Bee
    Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:51 PM
  • You can send it for me. May be I can help you.
    My email is tuansn@msn.com
    Friday, April 22, 2005 1:43 PM