none
Release version can't run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I encountered a problem with running a release version of my C++ program. Everything went fine with the compilation, link, and exacutable code generation of the program. But when I tried to run it either from Visual Studio or Windows explorer, a TODO error message poped up and the program was terminated. The debug version of the program runs properly from both VS and WE. Could anybody help provide advices on solving the problem? Thanks a lot.

Jason

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:15 PM

Answers

• Find the TODO message in your code and see what code is executed after that message. If you do not see any errors show us the code.

--
    SvenC

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:33 PM

All replies

• Find the TODO message in your code and see what code is executed after that message. If you do not see any errors show us the code.

--
    SvenC

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:33 PM
  • The TODO message is related to File description. The original error message say "

TODO: <File description> has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

"

I checked my program and found only the resource file has been related to the message as in the following code segment:

BEGIN

BLOCK "StringFileInfo"

BEGIN

BLOCK "040904e4"

BEGIN

VALUE "CompanyName", "TODO: <Company name>"

VALUE "FileDescription", "TODO: <File description>"

VALUE "FileVersion", "1.0.0.1"

VALUE "InternalName", "iSenseAutoMapping.exe"

VALUE "LegalCopyright", "TODO: (c) <Company name>. All rights reserved."

VALUE "OriginalFilename", "iSenseAutoMapping.exe"

VALUE "ProductName", "TODO: <Product name>"