none
How to block outgoing message in webbrowser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I try to create own browser using webbrowser class in WPF, in which I want it to be able to search the internet (access to google search engine) and view the webcontent, but can not send out message through email, chat or message board (no access to google email or chat). So I'd like to know how to block outgoing message in webbrowser but allow incomming message so that webcontent can be viewed. Is it possible to do it in webbrowser class? Thanks.

York

Sunday, April 1, 2012 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi York,

Thank you for your post.

According to your description, if this is what you want: user can open email(something like that) in Webbrowser to receive email, but user can't send email in this Webbroswer. If true, I think we can't achieve that in Webbrowser, because Webbrowser can't not know you send a message, then to block it.

I think in WebBrowser, what can we do is that, before navigate to email or other message board, to get the site Text that user input, then filter the site that can't be browser. This can be achieved in Webbrowser.navigating event(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.webbrowser.aspx)

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by york Z Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:02 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi York,

Thank you for your post.

According to your description, if this is what you want: user can open email(something like that) in Webbrowser to receive email, but user can't send email in this Webbroswer. If true, I think we can't achieve that in Webbrowser, because Webbrowser can't not know you send a message, then to block it.

I think in WebBrowser, what can we do is that, before navigate to email or other message board, to get the site Text that user input, then filter the site that can't be browser. This can be achieved in Webbrowser.navigating event(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.webbrowser.aspx)

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]

• Marked as answer by york Z Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:02 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:37 AM
  • Thanks for reply. To filter the site, we have to know the name of site. There is no guarantee that any email site contain "mail" or message board contain "messageboard". So it is virtually impossible to block all email, chat, forum and message board sites like this.

I am thinking that it is possible to disable any textbox (include richtextbox) and editor controls in the webpage so that people can not send out message. But we have to know how and when webrowser render webpage after receiving it. Do you have any idea on it?

York

• Edited by york Z Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Yes, york, ofcourse I'm not sure these key words can help you prevent all site you want to. But as far as I know, none of one Webbrowser with such kind of auto detect message send function. Due to the message communicate is between site and sever, the WebBorwser is only to show them without function to effect message send of a site.

Hope it helps.

Any additional questions is welcome.

Have a nice day.

Annabella Luo[MSFT]

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:29 AM