none
VS 2015 Update 3 Test Explorer unwanted "ad"

Question

• Hi,

I have just installed final verison of Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. I noticed that Test Explorer window now contains an unwanted "ad": Configure continuous integration ... Get Started. I am aware of that and have already created such build definition.

Test Explorer

How can I get rid of it ? It is just another vertical resolution screen estate waste item.

Thanks.

• Edited by Petr Vones Monday, June 27, 2016 5:29 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Petr Vones

According to your description, after I installed  VS2015 update3 and the same scenario appeared as you. we could not remove it from test explorer panel, however we could click the collapse button at the top-right corner to collapse this information, which will become into one line.

Because the version of this VS is RC not released version, please submit your idea to Visual Studio UserVoice and share your feedback link here to let other communities vote and add comments.

Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio product.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Because the version of this VS is RC not released version.

Ths is the final version of Update 3, not a RC.

Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 and .NET Core 1.0 Available Now

Today we are sharing the final release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 3, and .NET Core and ASP.NET Core 1.0.

As for the collapse button, it does not hide the Configure continuous integration title and what is worse, the collapsed state is not persistent so you have to collapse it again when VS is restarted.
    • Edited by Petr Vones Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Thank you for the feedback Petr. We will look at addressing this suitably as soon as we can.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Most frustrating to me is we have had a VSTS CI build already configured.  Are we supposed to somehow get the test explorer to recognize this?  Really annoying, misleading, confusing, and obtrusive.
    • Edited by bojingo Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:52 AM Typo
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:52 AM
  • Most frustrating to me is we have had a VSTS CI build already configured.

I understand that Microsoft want to promote their VSTS services but this is not the best way to do that.

Also there is still no Visual Studio integration with these new VSTS build definitions, it just opens link to web interface.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi Petr Vones,

For the Configure continuous integration issue, I help you submit this issue to Visual Studio User Voice and here is the link which you could vote it or add comments.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/15009195-problem-in-test-explorer-of-vs2015-update3

Thanks for your feedback for the VS products.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:48 AM
  • Its very annoying to have that message on the Test Runner. Please remove it. I already voted for that on uservoice.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:10 PM
  • The ability to dismiss this pane is now shipping in the Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 (KB3165756): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt752379.aspx.

If you have Update 3 installed you should see an in-product notification for MU3.3 (Micro Update 3.3). You can also install it manually from the link above.

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:15 AM