none
reduce margin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use displays in portrait mode and looking how to maximize horizontal space in Visual Studio.

I attached sreenshot of my 3 portrait monitor setup and I feel like too much space waster right from my code.

Any option to reduce this margin and make my code much closer to display bezel?VS screenshot

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:49 AM

All replies

• You can install the Hot Settings extension and then hide unnecessary editor margins:

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Best in class Visual Studio extensions and tools

Saturday, December 14, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Hi TURNSKIN85,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Sergey VIasov has shared you with an extension and I think it should match what you want.

In addition, there are also some settings that you could configure to reduce margin.

Tools -> Options… -> Text Editor -> General -> Display -> disable these two checkbox: “Selection margin” and “Indicator margin”.

Tools -> Options… -> Text Editor -> All Languages -> disable “Line numbers” checkbox.

From search window, you could just enter “Lightbulb Margin” and select the View > Lightbulb Margin to disable/enable Lightbulb Margin.

Hope this could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Hi TURNSKIN85,

Sorry to bother you.

Do you try our suggestions? And do you have any update?

If you have any update, please feel free to contact us and let us know if your issue has been solved or not.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 8:58 AM