none
Deployment question, VS 2010 and Crystal Reports For VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS2010, Net4, VB.Net desktop software package that use Crystal Reports.
    I am developing in XP(3), for now.  I have an issue with Deployment, that is related to Crystal Reports, CR for VS2010
    My package is near complete. It works well on the development computer. 
    When I creating the Install package from within VB2010, I set the prerequisites in the installation package to include:
    SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net Framework 4.0. 
    After receiving an error message about not finding the files, I put 
    CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.msi and 
    CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_1.msi 
    into C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0. 
    Then the program compiled successfully.
    With these additions, the setup package increased in size from 60 MB to 208MB. 
    My setup package format is "As loose uncompressed files" and includes a setup.msi file and a setup.exe file. 
    On installation, and running the setup1.msi file,  the setup1.msi file ignored and did not install the CRRuntime, so the installation failed. 
    However, after this failed, I tried the installation by running it from the setup.exe file.
    It DID install the runtime files, proceeded to install my application, which ran fine.
    The difference is that the setup.exe file displayed a EULA and the setup1.msi file did not. 
    Below is the content of the install.log file for the failed install with the .msi file.e following properties have been set.
    This issue was surfaced in SAP community network at:
    http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10844038&#10844038
    In the thread above, Ludek Uher indicated that perhaps you could help, and also that there is no EULA in the Crystal Reports MSI files.
    I either need a EULA to display, or I need the installation to proceed in its absence.
    Thanks for your assistance -- it is much needed.
    --------------  Content of Install.log   -------------------------------------
    Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
    Property: [InstallMode] = SameSite {string}
    Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
    Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.3 {version}
    Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
    The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
    Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
    Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
    Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
    'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0', phase BuildList
    Reading value 'CRRuntime32Version' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports'
    Unable to read registry value
    Not setting value for property 'CRRuntime32Version'
    Reading value 'CRRuntime64Version' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports'
    Unable to read registry value
    Not setting value for property 'CRRuntime64Version'
    The following properties have been set for package 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0':
    Running checks for command 'Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'Intel': false
    Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'CRRuntime32Version' was not defined
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Skipping FailIf because Property 'Version9x' was not defined
    Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.00': false
    Result of checks for command 'Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.msi' is 'Install'
    Running checks for command 'Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_1.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'AMD64': true
    Result of checks for command 'Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_1.msi' is 'Bypass'
    'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
    Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
    Read string value '4.0.30319'
    Setting value '4.0.30319 {string}' for property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)':
    Property: [DotNet40Full_TargetVersion] = 4.0.30319 {string}
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.0.30129': true
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
    'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
    EULA for components 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' was declined.

Ralph
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:31 AM

Answers

All replies