none
TFS2017.1 - Access Levels - Where has it gone?

Question

• Hello,

I have just rolled out TFS 2017.1 to my test environment without any major issues.

During my (very brief) testing, I noticed that I could not find the Access Levels page. It looks like the page, where I would normally administer access levels, has changed.

How do I assign access in TFS2017.1? Is there any up-to-date documentation on this change?

Kind regards

Dan

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:57 PM

Answers

• hi Dan,

the Access Levels page is still under Server Settings.

please check that your account does have administrative permission using TFS Admin Console.

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Dan Nolan Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:21 PM

All replies

• hi Dan,

the Access Levels page is still under Server Settings.

please check that your account does have administrative permission using TFS Admin Console.

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Dan Nolan Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Hi Dan,

As Daniel_Steiner said above, the Access Levels page is still under Server Settings.

You could access to Server Settings page in this way, right click the setting button, choose Server settings:

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Adding my account to the TFS Admin Console brought back the Access Levels tab.

Thank you for your response, this has been immensely helpful.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Hi Jingzhu,

I was able to find the Server Settings page however the actual Access Levels page was missing. As Daniel_Steiner suggested adding my account to the TFS Admin Console has resolved my issue.

Thank you very much for your help

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:38 AM