VS2012 + TFS Online : Http Code 400 Bad Request, unable to use TFS Service RRS feed

• Question

• Please help....

I have been trying get check in my project for nearly 4 days now, every time I start VS2012, it kept error on TFS 400 Bad request. I have tried clearing a cache and still not working. I'm connected to https://[UserName].visualstudio.com... It is so frustrating as I cannot get this resolved. 

It was working fine until I try to add project to a different collection under DefaultCollection/xxxxx

Can anyone please help me...

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi William,

You can try to delete team projects under https://[username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection and then do a recreation to see whether it works. It's not suggest to add project folders in the folder of other project. Or you can create a new TF Service account and have a try, just as Samara advised.

Best regards, 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Thanks Kimi and Samara,

Sorry for the delay reply, been busy at TechEd Australia.

Have tried the delete the local workspace and it worked. It turn out one of my project is the source of the problem. Not sure why that project is causing the problem.

What I did is the following:

1. Clear all IE cache by internet option and delete option.

2. Clear all Team foundation/4.0/cache folder

3. Delete the local workspace folder

4. Open Vs2012 and problem goes away.

5. Get latest from TFS

6. Apply new changes and check-in

And It all works.

Again Thank you very much for your assistance and support. Keep up the good work.

• Marked as answer by WilliamHiew Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 AM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi William,

How did you add project to different collection, as far as I know there is one collection in team foundation services? do you mean different account.

Is possible to check out? or this is just for check in? and what about the new files?

Have you tried to undo your changes and check it out again? 

Finally please check your connection, firewall, your PC firewall "try to turn it off to check" .

Regards

----------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:47 AM
  • Hi William,

Can you clarify the scenario you're using to check in? I'm not quite sure what's mean when you say "add project to a different collection under DefaultCollection/xxxxx". Team Foundation Service only has one collection which is DefaultCollection.

Please check you environment and try to undo your changes.

Best regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 30, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Firstly thank you very much for replying to this issue.

hmmm.....

Via VS2012 Team Explorer, I created a project and then I drag about 6 projects folders from Windows Explorer on my laptop's local directory.

It when through the step and confirming the files that I'm check-in and then i click next (From memory). it ran for a long while and then it popup up with error 400 bad request. since then every time I use VS2012 (while I have internet connection) it's will hang for a while and then 3 Http Code 400 Bad request popup.

In the source control explorer, source location: working..... shown, so as the folder tab.

I cannot even check in, in fact anything to do with TFS does not work, (well, except that I can still see my team projects list via the explorer in vs2012).

I have cleared the cache in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache

I can log-in to TFS Online via chrome and ie and still can navigate to the projects and see the folders and files.

Is there any other information that I can provide so that you may assist me?

ps: sorry, i'm trying to explain the best that I could. :<

ALSO: I was working on a project under [username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection/ProjectXXX and was able to add more projects to [username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection/ProjectXXX

few days ago, I was about to add my old phone 7.1 projects to the TFS Online and I have created [username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection/PhoneProjectXXX

then well, as mentioned I drag folders across and the problem start to happen. exact same thing happened on my desktop too. :M i know, should not have do it again on my laptop <\:<

• Edited by WilliamHiew Friday, August 30, 2013 2:26 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi William,

As Kimi suggest, try to undo your changes, if VS is not working use tha command line

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c72skhw4.aspx

After that try to upload your file in chunks.

Regards

Friday, August 30, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Thanks Kimi and M.Samara,

I clear IE cache, Team Foundation cache folder and have gone to the root directory and undo all changes "tf undo * /recursive"... still (While have internet access) when starting up VS2012, it takes about 2 mins and then three error of 400 bad request. then when you source explorer it hang at working....  status and again gives the 400 error. 

Via VS2012, clicked on Web Access, I can navigate to DefaultCollection/ProjectXXX, DefaultCollection/ProjectYYY and DefaultCollection/ProjectZZZ. In DefaultCollection/ProjectZZZ I can see all the Windows Store solutions/projects checked in previously.

Anything else that I can do??????

Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:05 PM
  • Hi William,

If you delete the folders that you have added, will the issue disappear?

If yes, try to remove it, and then add the files in chunks.

Regards

Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Have tried deleting the folder and still cannot explorer via Source Explorer. Sure I delete everything in https://[username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection ? and re-add then all again?
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:41 AM
  • Do you have a large files with large sizes?

Can you please try to create another account, and try to upload the projects in chunks?

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Hi William,

You can try to delete team projects under https://[username].visualstudio.com/DefaultCollection and then do a recreation to see whether it works. It's not suggest to add project folders in the folder of other project. Or you can create a new TF Service account and have a try, just as Samara advised.

Best regards, 

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 2, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Thanks Kimi and Samara,

Sorry for the delay reply, been busy at TechEd Australia.

Have tried the delete the local workspace and it worked. It turn out one of my project is the source of the problem. Not sure why that project is causing the problem.

What I did is the following:

1. Clear all IE cache by internet option and delete option.

2. Clear all Team foundation/4.0/cache folder

3. Delete the local workspace folder

4. Open Vs2012 and problem goes away.

5. Get latest from TFS

6. Apply new changes and check-in

And It all works.

Again Thank you very much for your assistance and support. Keep up the good work.

• Marked as answer by WilliamHiew Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 AM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:50 AM