The project location is not fully trusted by the .net runtime RRS feed

• Question

• My company has implemented a back up strategy and now wants all code on one of the network drives.  I dont know much about networking concepts, ( I taugh my self progamming from a c# book, and have no college or hs classes on computers) I am now getting the msg:
    The project location is not fully trusted by the .net runtime, this is usually becuase it is either a network share or mapped to a network share not on the local machine.  if the output path is under the project location your code will not execute as fully trusted and you may recieve unexpeected security exceptions.

How can i fix this?
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 12:45 PM

Answers

• Hi MikeroSft,

The Message is displayed by the .Net IDE. Whenever you try to open a .Net project from a shared location, .Net IDE throws this message to the user. If you give ok for the message, the project will open. You can go ahead and work normally until the network path you are working can be trusted by you. If the path is not trusted, try copying the code to your local machine, make the changes and execute the same to find no errors or warning.

Once you are done, you can can go ahead and copy the final source code to the location.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi MikeroSft,

The Message is displayed by the .Net IDE. Whenever you try to open a .Net project from a shared location, .Net IDE throws this message to the user. If you give ok for the message, the project will open. You can go ahead and work normally until the network path you are working can be trusted by you. If the path is not trusted, try copying the code to your local machine, make the changes and execute the same to find no errors or warning.

Once you are done, you can can go ahead and copy the final source code to the location.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 1:07 PM
  • As KingCobra points out, this his the IDE doing this.  This is a known issue.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 3:31 PM
  • Remember that you can also change the trust or network locations on the computer for running .net programs. Also depending on whether or not you have a group working on the same project or one person you can also do build configurations to a local directory while still working on the network. Networked .Net project folders is just a pain to deal with.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:18 PM
  •  IsshouFuuraibou wrote:
    Remember that you can also change the trust or network locations on the computer for running .net programs. Also depending on whether or not you have a group working on the same project or one person you can also do build configurations to a local directory while still working on the network. Networked .Net project folders is just a pain to deal with.
    Right, and the OP said he had already done that.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:56 PM
  •  IsshouFuuraibou wrote:
    Remember that you can also change the trust or network locations on the computer for running .net programs.

FYI One can use the tool, .Net Framework (2.0) Configuration tool for such purposes of viewing and creating trusts, outside of using caspool command line, and it is installed from the .Net 2 SDK.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:57 PM