none
Visual Studio Not Allowing 2 Publish Profiles For Web Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution in Visual Studio with 3 web projects and 2 web jobs.

The web jobs are just two console apps that i publish to azure by right clicking on them and selecting "publish as azure web job"

Until recently i just had 1 web job (1 console app) in the solution and everything was fine.

Now that i have 2 web jobs in the same solution, whenever i go to publish, visual studio presents me with the publish profile of the last web job that i published in the solution. So what had just happend me is that visual studio uploaded one web job to the other web jobs slot in visual studio, obviously overwriting the other web job, hence the one of the web jobs was gone. This caused our aplications to crash. 

From what i can see, it is not possible to have 2 web jobs in the same solution, both with their own publish profile. Is this correct?

It works fine with web projects, each web project can have various publish profiles. But with Web Jobs it is not working. 

Can someone please explain to me if i am doing something wrong?

Also, as an additional note. since the last update to visual studio, everyone on our team, now gets "object not set to a reference of an object" when they try to close out of the publish profile window. Although this doesnt seem to affect anything.

Any help would be really appreciated.

My work around at the moment is every time i want to publish i need to delete the publish profile and create a new one. 

David

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:50 AM

All replies

• To add to this,

I just created a new solution with 2 console apps

- Console App 1

- Console App 2

These apps are empty, and i just published them to azure. Now i notice when i publish Console App 1, it is taking some files from Console App 2, see the output window below. It looks like both publish profiles have also been saved to Console App 2. Is this a bug in Visual Studio?

David

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:37 AM
  • Hi David Brosnan,

I'm sorry that I can't reproduce this problem using azure because of permission limitations. According to your description, it seems that there are some problems about publishing in visual studio. We recommend you can report it through Help/Send Feedback/Report a Problem... in VS IDE.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:17 AM