none
getting calls of one .exe RRS feed

• Question

• I have one .exe file. I want to know calls used inside .exe. Is there any tool available to know calls used inside an .exe.

Can anybody help on this if there is any tool available or any other method to know.

Mrutyunjaya

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you got any updates? If your case has been solved, please help to mark answers. If not, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MRUTYUNJAYA.M Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:19 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:44 AM

All replies

• I have one .exe file. I want to know calls used inside .exe. Is there any tool available to know calls used inside an .exe.

If you want to identify the functions imported by an .exe from dlls you can use the dumpbin.exe tool (from a developer command prompt) with the /IMPORTS switch.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:48 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I want to identify functions of .exe. Which is the appropriate tool for this ?

Mrutyunjaya

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:11 PM
  • See if this tool helps:

http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor

-Seetharam

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:17 PM
  • Is the exe managed (.NET) or native (like C++) ? Do you have a linker map or .pdb for this exe?

- pa

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:26 PM
  • Perhaps Process Monitor will do what you are looking for.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:28 PM
  • Native C++ executables don't store this information normally, all functions end up becoming call instructions that just jump to an address. The symbolic information for a native C++ executable is stored in the debug symbol (.pdb) file, so if you want to have a chance at getting information, you need the debug symbol file too.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Proposed as answer by Pavel A Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:33 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

Have you got any updates? If your case has been solved, please help to mark answers. If not, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MRUTYUNJAYA.M Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:19 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:44 AM