none
"Start without debugging" option missing from Debug menu

Answers

• Hi,

You also can run this command using Ctrl+F5 by default.

You can add this command to Debug menu by the following steps:

Tools->Customize->Commands tab->Click Rearrange Commands button->Select Debug from Menu Bar dropdownlist->and then Click Add button->Select Debug from Categories and then Select Start without debugging from Commands->OK.

If this doesn’t help you, please feel free to let me know.

I hope this helps. 

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You also can run this command using Ctrl+F5 by default.

You can add this command to Debug menu by the following steps:

Tools->Customize->Commands tab->Click Rearrange Commands button->Select Debug from Menu Bar dropdownlist->and then Click Add button->Select Debug from Categories and then Select Start without debugging from Commands->OK.

If this doesn’t help you, please feel free to let me know.

I hope this helps. 

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:51 AM
  • Thanks for that.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:49 PM
  • HI

do you know how to find this start without debugging in the 2010 Beta version of C++ Express?

Thanks

Mary
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:40 PM
  • HI

do you know how to find this start without debugging in the 2010 Beta version of C++ Express?

Thanks

Mary
    I am looking for the same button, I havent been able to find it in the beta version of visual studio c++ 2010... Does it even exist? I have tried pressing ctrl f5 but it wont start start without debugging. Did they leave it out of this beta version or have I gone spastic?

Friday, March 12, 2010 9:51 AM

• I am using VS 2010 Ultimate Edition ( trial), the "Start Without Debugging" button can be added in Menu through :

Tools - Customize - choose Command Tab - Choose a menu or Toolbar to rearrange (where you want to the selection to be placed) - Select Debug - click Add Command - Select Debug Categories - Select Start Without Debugging - then click OK.

If it not available in Express version, I guess might have to use Ultimate version. It is complete version.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:37 AM
  • Thanks for this. It did work on Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express for me.
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:01 PM
  • it still doesn't work even i add the "Start without debugging" on tool bar~

the function is same as 'start debugging'..

what can i do?

help

Friday, November 19, 2010 3:38 PM
  • I think it is just good to run the Express 2008 instead, for using that command without hassle, i can't tell the difference in 2008 and 2010, expect the functionally is different.
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Thanks Thomas!

Running Visual C++ 2010 Express and that worked just fine! Added it to my Debug Menu and Toolbar without any issues.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:20 AM
  • MS Visual C# 2010

Tools/Settings/Expert Settings. Start without debugging' will now appear.

I'm working through the Step-by-step book and found that this option is required in order to follow the book. It may have been mentioned at the start of the book, but I missed it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:39 PM