none
.Net 4.6.1 or later on Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I 've got .Net Framework 4.5.2 installed but my main application used at work needs 4.6.1 from now. I can not install the new version. Installation ends with error code: (0x0000371B), "One or more required members of the transaction are not present. "

Searching for a solution I noticed that my lates updates on Windows didn't make it. It is KB4520007 with error 800736B3 and KB4514603 with error 8007371B and I think that this is the reason. These are two important updates that ends with error. There are also some optional updates ended with failure. I couldn't deal with it by myself. Any suggestions? I tried  to restart Windows Update, used DISM, sfc scan and nothing could help. Din't try .NET Framework Cleanup Tool yet. Do you think that this might help?

Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Grzesz,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I provide the following troubleshooting steps.

(1) Please try to perform a "clean boot" and then try to disable your anti-virus software to see if it works.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

(2) Please refer to this blog to use cleanup tool to get rid of any leftovers from the failed install. Then restart your computer, it recommend you clean up %temp% folder and complete all Windows updates before download and install net 4.6.1 from here , Also, make sure you install net as an administrator

(3)If the issue persists, This is most likely Windows update components are corrupt or Windows update settings are not correct, Please try the following steps

• Run Windows update troubleshooter and check.

Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

Click "View all" and then click "Windows Update".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

• Try resetting Windows update components and check the issue.

Refer this article to reset Windows Update components, It re-registers files of services related to Windows update and restarts them.

Note: If you erroneously modify the registry, you may have serious problems, so please back up the registry before modifying it.

https://support2.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

If it still doesn't work, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/  and share the link in here.

I hope the above suggestions can help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hi Grzesz,

Do you have any updates?

According to your description, it seems there have some error in windows update and please redirect to this appropriate forum for better support. If the window update works fine and up-to-date, the .NET Framework 4.6.1 still fail, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:39 AM