none
Intermediary Router RRS feed

  • Question

  • Using the sample, the HTTP binding (echoservice) works fine, but the call to the calculator service times out. Could it be a firewall issue? I've checked this and I see no dropped packets. Also, the router is not picking up the call. Any ideas? I am running windows xp sp2.

    Thanks,

    -Mathew Nolton

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:20 PM

Answers

  • it turns out that i inadvertently excluded the header record when i regenerated the app.config file for the client. the router was making a lookup into the xpathmessagefilter table and could not locate the endpoint....the client not receiving a response just waited the 59.xxx seconds before timing out.

    Thanks for your help.

    -Mathew Nolton

    Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:10 PM

All replies

  • Are you tracing the router/server to verify that the message isn't getting there?

    Thanks,

    Scott

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:49 PM
  • No. However, the Router writes to the console pretty quickly after it receives the message, so I figured it was a safe bet to assume it didn't get there. I did turn on the firewall log for dropped packets to see if any packets were lost. I didn't see any.

    I can turn on the logging if you think it will help and try again.

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:58 PM
  • I think that that would help.

    Log everywhere just to be sure we're getting what we need:

     <configuration>
             <system.serviceModel>
                     <diagnostics performanceCountersEnabled="true">
                             <messageLogging maxMessagesToLog="30000"
                                     logEntireMessage="true"
                                     logMessagesAtServiceLevel="true"
                                     logMalformedMessages="true"
                                     logMessagesAtTransportLevel="true">
                             </messageLogging>
                     </diagnostics>
             </system.serviceModel>
             <system.diagnostics>
                     <sources>
                             <source name="System.ServiceModel" switchValue="Verbose, ActivityTracing" propagateActivity="true" >
                                     <listeners>
                                             <add name="xml" />
                                     </listeners>
                             </source>
                             <source name="System.ServiceModel.MessageLogging" switchValue="Verbose">
                                     <listeners>
                                             <add name="xml" />
                                     </listeners>
                             </source>
                     </sources>
                     <sharedListeners>
                             <add name="xml" type="System.Diagnostics.XmlWriterTraceListener" initializeData="e2eTraceTest.e2e" />
                     </sharedListeners>
                     <trace autoflush="true" />
             </system.diagnostics>
     </configuration>

     

    Thanks!

    Scott


    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:00 PM
  • Scott,

    I turned on the trace and there is an exception in the router. I am looking into it now. I don't really want to post it...it's pretty long... Can I email it to you.

    -Mathew

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:24 PM
  • Yep.

    smason@microsoft.com

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:38 PM
  • it turns out that i inadvertently excluded the header record when i regenerated the app.config file for the client. the router was making a lookup into the xpathmessagefilter table and could not locate the endpoint....the client not receiving a response just waited the 59.xxx seconds before timing out.

    Thanks for your help.

    -Mathew Nolton

    Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:10 PM