none
The system cannot find the file specified RRS feed

• Question

• My major and sad challenge now is that after creating a model class for an ASP.NET MVC application in Visual Studio Community 2015, and after scafolding a controller class that also generated the Db Context and the views, I am unable to visit the scaffolded controller. The browser keeps saying "The system cannot find the file specified". That is, for example, if i visit http://localhost:49876/StoreManager.
    Please help.

The Emperorfin

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Emperorfin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

From your description:

>>I am unable to visit the scaffolded controller .

For your issue, currently I’m not sure is it concerned with VS setup or project development.

How about creating a new project, then you may try to add a scafolding a controller.

If you could visit the scafolding a controller class, I suspect the problem may due to the project development,

If not, I think it may be related to visual studio setup problem.

In order to have a better understanding of this problem, please have a try about the steps I mentioned above and share the result to us.

We will help you for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emperorfin Monday, November 23, 2015 8:11 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Yeah.

Its actually related to Visual Studio setup issue but there was no guide on how to resolve it.

I have finally solved the problem recently.

Thank you so much for your reply.

The Emperorfin

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Friday, November 20, 2015 1:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emperorfin Monday, November 23, 2015 8:10 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hi Emperorfin,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply or your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Wen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, November 20, 2015 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Emperorfin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

From your description:

>>I am unable to visit the scaffolded controller .

For your issue, currently I’m not sure is it concerned with VS setup or project development.

How about creating a new project, then you may try to add a scafolding a controller.

If you could visit the scafolding a controller class, I suspect the problem may due to the project development,

If not, I think it may be related to visual studio setup problem.

In order to have a better understanding of this problem, please have a try about the steps I mentioned above and share the result to us.

We will help you for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emperorfin Monday, November 23, 2015 8:11 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Yeah.

Its actually related to Visual Studio setup issue but there was no guide on how to resolve it.

I have finally solved the problem recently.

Thank you so much for your reply.

The Emperorfin

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Friday, November 20, 2015 1:13 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hi Emperorfin,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply or your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Wen

Friday, November 20, 2015 1:13 AM