Extending Attribute Type drop down list (Class Diagram) to show user defined types RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of user defined types (all based on primitive types) which I would like to be able to select from in the Types drop down list - currently the list is limited to Boolean, Integer and String - I want to extent it to allow selection of int16, int32, int64 etc.  Is there a way to do this?  

Best Regards Sina
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• We're sorry your question hasn't received an answer.

Having reviewed the open questions on the forum, we have marked all unanswered questions older than sixty days as closed.

If this is still an issue for you, please re-activate or re-ask the question. Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by DuncanP Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:01 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:03 AM

All replies

• Add to the external types list - click on the root in the DSL Explorer, and choose Add New External Type.

- Alan -MSFT
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:38 PM
  • I don't seem to have access to DSL Explorer - what do I need to have installled to get this tool?
    Best Regards Sina
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Oops, sorry - I thought we were talking about DSLs in Visualization and Modeling SDK.

In UML models, the best you can do is to create a class called System.Int32, or whatever you want. You can just create it in UML Explorer, if you don't want to put it on a diagram.

You will then be able to see it in the list of types for an attribute. However, the name will always be qualified by the name of your model.

- Alan -MSFT
    Monday, November 28, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Would this then  enable  me to use the new Type in all modelling projects?

Best Regards Sina
    Monday, November 28, 2011 1:40 PM
  • We're sorry your question hasn't received an answer.

Having reviewed the open questions on the forum, we have marked all unanswered questions older than sixty days as closed.

If this is still an issue for you, please re-activate or re-ask the question. Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by DuncanP Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:01 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:03 AM