Multiple Forms / 1 Taskbar Entry RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey guys,

I've created a shell of an application in C# to show the marketing board the navigation of our new application. Through the navigation, the application will open a series of forms. I do this with the code shown below:

Code Snippet

private void btnTCEval_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

PlayerSelector frm = new PlayerSelector();

frm.Text = ("Application - [Evaluations]");

if (frm.ShowDialog(this) == DialogResult.OK)

{

//Update the employee data in the database

};

}

The problem I have is that, as the user navigates through the application, it creates a NEW task-bar icon. So, for example... the main menu has one taskbar icon. When they click on one of the buttons that opens up a new window, that then creates ANOTHER taskbar icon. There is another button after that, and that then opens yet ANOTHER window which creates another taskbar icon.

How can I eliminate this? Is there a way to prevent the new forms from creating new taskbar icons? I think I can do this by utilizing FRAMES, or something. I could then toggle then by use of the "Visible" property. But to be honest, I would really prefer not to do this. Any other way?

Thanks!!!

Todd

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:23 PM

Answers

• Set the ShowInTaskbar property of the form to false (either in code or in the designer) for the forms that should not have an icon in the taskbar.

/Ruben

RJJournal

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:56 PM

All replies

• Set the ShowInTaskbar property of the form to false (either in code or in the designer) for the forms that should not have an icon in the taskbar.

/Ruben

RJJournal

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:56 PM
  •  

You are AWESOME!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:19 PM