none
Visual Studio Error On Launch RRS feed

• Question

• I just finished my Visual Studio 2015 Community setup.

And when I launch it up, it comes up with an error:

When I click OK it launches fine, but then everything is frozen and I can't do anything.

I also can't close it, the only way to close it is using task manager.

Anyway to fix it?

Friday, December 23, 2016 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi oliver,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For this error message , firstly please repair your VS :
    1. Go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features
    2. Select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'repair'.

Then try some devenv switches in command prompt:
    a. Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.

"%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /Resetsettings

b. Run devenv /resetuserdata  to reset the settings if you're having trouble with the GUI.
    "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /resetuserdata

If the error persists, please feel free to let me know, use http://aka.ms/vscollect   to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip from %temp% folder. Then
    upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/   and share the link with us.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi oliver,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you run the VS successfully?

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:21 AM