none
Can we record Web Performance Test(Visual Studio) in chrome. By default web performance test opens IE always. RRS feed

• Question

• Can we record Web Performance Test(Visual Studio) in chrome. By default web performance test opens IE always.

We are using Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 ,Version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5
    Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.5.51641

1. I need to do Web Performance testing on an application that opens only in Chrome. Can someone suggest how can we do it since Visual Studio Web test opens IE always.

2. Also there is an option in Visual Studio->Tools->Options->Web Browser->Click on Internet Explorer Options button->click on Programs Tab->Make Internet Explorer the default Browser. But this is fixed and i am not able to untick / uncheck this option. Just wondering if this option can be changed here.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ven,

Thanks for your post.

>>Can we record Web Performance Test(Visual Studio) in chrome. By default web performance test opens IE always.

As far as I know, it is not supported by default.

If you want to use some other browser (I used Firefox in my example) as the recording environment instead of Internet Explorer, you can use Fiddler 2.0 (http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/) to capture the HTTP traffic.

For some more detailed information about this topic. Please refer to the Jim Blizzard's Blog.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jimblizzard/2011/05/18/how-to-visual-studio-web-performance-tests-not-using-internet-explorer/

>>But this is fixed and i am not able to untick / uncheck this option. Just wondering if this option can be changed here.

Based on my understanding. The option here will not affect the web test recording. This option is only related to the Visual Studio environment.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, June 3, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Thanks for your Reply Lake Xiao.

I tried using Fiddler v4.6.2.2 for MS VisualStudio ultimate 2013.

I opened Fidler and selected Capture Traffic

Opened google chrome, opened my link, click on Tools symbol in the main page.

In fiddler, Selected FILE-EXPORT SESSIONS-ALL SESSIONS-Named as FiddlerWebTest5.webtest

Selected this file in Visual Studio 2013 ultimate... There were many sessions in Fiddler, but here in VS it showed only 3 sessions. Not sure why. 

Clicked on Run... it failed 

Sorry i am unable to attach images. 

Appreciate your help Lake

Regards

Venkat

Friday, June 3, 2016 2:11 PM
  • Hi ven_than,

Could you provide a request URL sample to help us how these sessions pass between requests?

As far as I know, if there has any sessions passed by parameter in URL, it may not be shown in web test. And if you are test the same URL in this web test, theses sessions are the same one, which will be shown once in web test.

Please check whether the missing session listed in the Content tab in Web Test in Visual Studio show as below screenshot.

In addition, we still need some screenshots to help us understanding your problem. Please upload the screenshot to OneDrive and share a public link as common text here. We can copy and past this link text to browser to browser.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 6, 2016 2:54 AM
  • Weiwei,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am not able to paste any screenshots here. It would be great if you give me your email id so that I can mail you the details

Venkat

Venkatesh.thanthoni@sykes.com

Venkatesh

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:57 AM